IT Support Analyst, Sr
IT Support Analyst - Critical Systems Desk
IT Support Analyst, Levels 4-5
Birmingham, Alabama (APC Headquarters & Energy Center Colonnade)
We are seeking a dedicated IT Support Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for monitoring, diagnosis, and front-line problem resolution of computer systems for Fleet Operations & Trading. These systems include several business-critical applications & services. The Critical Systems Desk coordinates second level escalation with Technology Organization personnel for extended business hours. The successful candidate will be conscientious to the success of technology organization and business partners.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• Required: Formal education in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field, or equivalent experience in real time systems environments and technologies.
• Preferred: A four-year college degree with a major in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
• Required: Excellent interpersonal, sociable skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both an oral and written manner.
• Required: Fundamental knowledge of Windows based operating systems.
• Preferred: Fundamental knowledge of Solaris or other UNIX based operating systems.
• Preferred: Fundamental knowledge of relational database systems like SQL Server and Oracle.
• Preferred: Fundamental knowledge of distributed computer networks including but not limited to: routers, switches, hubs and firewalls.
• Required: Ability to follow & properly apply both Technology Organization Change Management and Critical Systems Desk procedures.
• Required: Ability to prioritize tasks based on criticality and operational impact.
• Required: Ability to build & maintain relationships with key customers and Technology Organization groups: EMS Support Center, TO Service Desk, and Infrastructure Operations Center (IOC).
• Required: Ability to work weekends as a part of rotating shifts.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Monitoring of business-critical systems and real-time data for health and availability.
• Front-line problem resolution and second level escalation coordination.
• Facilitate planned outages between business partners and Technology Organization.
• Communicate & coordinate outages & events external to the organization that may impact Operations & Trading.
• Support for workstations, printers, and other devices in Operations & Trading
• Conscientious problem ownership and resolution coordination.
• Track and document incidents to aid in metrics and reporting.
• Provide input to the team Supervisor on continual process improvement.
• Deployment of application code to Windows servers.
• Participate in the maintenance and testing of Commercial Operations Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Information Technology
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
The Energy Center - 3535 Colonnade Parkway (3535Birmingham)
3535 Colonnade Parkway
Req ID: SCS2011490